* Broccoli is a part of the cabbage family.
* Eating broccoliÂ reduces the risk of coronary heart disease and death in post menopausal women.
* A compound found in broccoli appears to have more effect than modern antibiotics against the creation of peptic ulcer causing bacteria.
* Broccoli contains selenium, a mineral that has been found to have anti-cancer and anti-viral properties.
* Broccoli can help boost the immune system, build stronger bones and is useful during pregnancy with 1 cup of brocolli
offering 94 mcg of folic acid. Folic acid deficiency is the most common vitamin deficiency in the world.