Facts on Sugar
* Sugar is the only taste humans are born craving?
* A can of Coke has 39 grams of sugar and a can of Pepsi has 41 grams of sugar. That is about seven teaspoons or 13 lumps of sugar per can!
* Lemons contain more sugar than Strawberries.
* Chemical manufacturers use sugar to grow penicillin.
* Although protein, carbohydrates, and fat also give us energy, our bodies take longer to digest these. Sugar, on the other hand, gives us immediate energy.
* Since sugar doesn't provide anything but energy, it is often referred to as having " empty calories." It does not contain any vitamins or minerals that your body requires.
SHOCKING FACTS ABOUT SUGAR
* Shocking Sugar Fact : It Doesn't Cause Diabetes
One of the hallmarks of the disease is elevated blood sugar, so many people assume that eating too much of the sweet stuff leads to diabetes. " But sugar doesn't literally go from mouth to bloodstream ".
* It Doesn't Make You Fat
Sugary foods tend to be high-calorie and easy to overeat. They cause a spike in blood sugar, followed by a sudden drop that can leave you feeling depleted and hungry.
* It May Improve Your Workout
A pre-workout snack that contains dextrose, such as whole-grain toast with peanut butter and honey, might help you go farther or faster.
* It Wreaks Havoc on Your Skin
An out-of-control sweet tooth may give you wrinkles. Eating a lot of sugary foods can trigger chronic, low-level inflammation throughout your body, which sends the aging process into overdrive.
* You Can Get Addicted to It
It Can Make You Catch a Cold
Eating too many sweets can suppress your white blood cells, meaning you're more susceptible to infectious illnesses like colds and flu.
Facts On Diabetes
* Diabetes is a silent epidemic and according to WHO there are 246 million people in the world living with diabetes. This is almost 6% of the world's adult population.
* India is the diabetes capital of the world. It is estimated that currently there are 40 million people with diabetes in India
* The major cause of increase in the incidence of diabetes is a sedentary lifestyle. Exercise and diet can either reduce or delay the incidence of diabetes by over 50%.
* Some people believe that people who have diabetes can’t have chocolate or sweets. Part of that is true. People with diabetes can have sweets, but have to limit their intake.