Facts On Human Body
Facts on Human Body
* Babies are born without knee caps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.
* It takes the stomach an hour to break down cow milk.
* In the average lifetime, a person will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the equator.
* The length of the finger dictates how fast the fingernail grows. Therefore, the nail on your middle finger grows the fastest, and on average, your toenails grow twice as slow as your fingernails.
* 15 million blood cells are destroyed in the human body every second.
* It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
* When you sneeze, all your bodily functions stop even your heart.
* The average human will shed 40 pounds of skin in a lifetime.
* Human blood travels 60,000 miles (96,540 km) per day on its journey through the body.
SHOCKING FACTS ON HUMAN BODY
* While the human body may appear fragile, your body is stronger than you could possibly imagine. It is possible for you to survive even after the removal of the spleen, the stomach, one kidney, one lung, 75% of the liver, 80% of the intestines, and almost every organ from the pelvic and groin area.
* When a baby is born, they have 300 bones in their body. When they reach adulthood they are left with only 206 bones. This is because the smaller bones eventually join together to form stronger single bones.
* You need sleep as much as you need food. Many people neglect the importance of having enough sleep without knowing that humans can actually survive longer without food than without sleep.
With water alone , an average person could survive a month to two without food ( that also varies from an individual’s body fat and other factors ).
But a few sleepless nights will cause the person to start experiencing radical personality and psychological changes.