Unbelievable Facts across the world
* A Rat can last longer without water than a camel.
* Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest itself.
* Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space
because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them.
* By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot
sink into quicksand.
* It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink.
Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the " honeymoon ".
* A snail can sleep for three years.
* A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.
* Hydra - an aquatic creature is the only living creature that never die. It regenerates, replacing its cells with fresh ones.
* Coca-Cola was originally green because of fresh cocoa leaves.
* The name of all the continents ends with the same letter that they start with.
* You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.
* If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib.
* An average person spends 24 years of his life in sleeping.
* An average woman consume 6 lbs ( 2.72 kgs ) of lipstick in her lifetime.
* Nachos ( salted chips ) is the food most craved by pregnant women across the world.
* Penguins can convert salt water into fresh water.
* More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
* There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.
* Antarctica is the only land on our planet that is not owned by any country.
* A bolt of lighting is so hot that if it hits sand, it can turn it into glass.
* On average, we spend 12 years of our life watching TV.
* If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
* If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
* If you are struck by lightning, your skin will be heated to 28,000 degrees Centigrade, hotter than the surface of the Sun.
* Every time you sneeze your heart stops a second.
* The average human will eat 8 spiders while asleep in their lifetime.
* When Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone back in 1876, only six phones were sold in the first month.
* It takes about 63,000 trees to make the newsprint for the average Sunday edition of The New York Times.
* If you were to take 1 lb. of spiders web and stretch it out it would circle the whole way around the world!
* If every person in China stood on a chair and jumped off at the same time...it would knock the earth off its axis!
* It is not possible to tickle yourself. The cerebellum, a part of the brain, warns the rest of the brain that you are about to tickle yourself. Since your brain knows this, it ignores the resulting sensation.
* Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
* It takes only 8 minutes for sunlight to travel from the sun to the earth, which also means, if you see the sun go out, it actually went out 8 minutes ago.
SCUBA divers cannot pass gas at depths of 33 feet or below.
* The Venezuelan brown bat can detect and dodge individual raindrops in mid-flight, arriving safely back at his cave completely dry.
* On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
* Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.
* Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
* Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
* If you keep a Goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually turn white.
* Did you know you share your birthday with at least 9 other million people in the world.
* Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
* There are more chickens than people in the world.