Facts on Teeth
* The enamel on a humans tooth is the hardest thing in their body.
* Toothbrush bristles were originally made from the hair of cows.
* Humans only have 2 sets of teeth in their life time.
* Teeth are kept alive by blood and nerves.
* Can you imagine that China has declared September 20th as a national holiday called as " Love Your Teeth Day "
* The only natural substance harder than the enamel on your teeth are diamonds.
* Dry mouths are more prone to bad breath, so drink plenty of water.
Facts On Brushing
* Toothbrush should be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.
* A toothpick is the object most often choked on
* Many people habitually chew on ice, especially the leftover ice after they finish an ice-cold drink.
The hardness and cold temperature of ice cubes can actually cause teeth to fracture.
* If you suck on lemons, the citric acid in lemons can leach important minerals from your teeth and
erode your teeth's outer surfaces, making them sensitive to cold food and drinks,
* while brushing or using a hard-bristled toothbrush makes teeth more shiny.
This is a false myth which should be avoided. When you brush too vigorously or use a hard-bristled toothbrush, it can wear away the protective enamel on your teeth.
* Nail biting is not only bad for your nails, but it is also harmful to your teeth. It can cause broken or
chipped front teeth, and gives an opportunity to germs and bacteria from underneath your nails to enter your mouth and cause cavities or gum infections.
* Toothpastes contain abrasives, detergents, and foaming agents. Fluoride, the most common active ingredient in toothpaste, is what prevents cavities. So you should always be sure your toothpaste contains Fluoride.